Thursday, May 18, 2006

Day 294-6. More painting; doors; and some tidying, by me

Getting slightly bored with doing this day-by-day when not a lot is occurring. So, painting continues, and is indeed finished in the 2 upstairs bedrooms at the end, jolly good. It would be nice if the painters kept going doing all the other stuff needed, but they won't be back till tuesday. I hope that Tim will be around tomorrow to put down the plywood floors there, so we can use them this weekend.

Yesterday Tim was around too, hanging some new doors downstairs. A bit odd to have doors where we used to have gaps, but since they have no glass yet we can just step through :-)

I've done a bit of tidying at the front, moving some wood around and taking some gravel round to the back, so our drive is largely clear. Also I dismounted the cement mixer that used to stare menacingly at the road. I've started, slowly, to tidy and lay slabs at the back near the rear door. I've also just noticed that the lower panel on that door has started to warp a bit, probably cos of the rain and no gutters. Hopefully the gutters will arrive soon.

Also I fixed the basin upstairs which had a minor leak.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home