Friday, January 13, 2006

Day 191: More plastering, sand and a skip

The plasterers are here again, doing the inside walls of the kitchen today (ceiling yesterday). But only to rough-work stage I think.

The promised skip turns up. I have to stop the plasterers helping Mr Skip try to squeeze it into the drive where it won't fit - its going into the parking spaces. And it does. Only later do I realise its backwards, but happily Bob turned up during the process and he didn't notice either, so I phone him. He says they can turn it round.

We have a schedule from him: frames for the extension tuesday; roof wednesday. Boiler and tank... not sure.

Pete the plumber has been round and gobbed up a fix for the washing machine. Its still discharging onto the gravel, but at least it won't get blocked by the insulation. In fact all he did was knock a hole in a breather-brick... I could have done that, but didn't think of it. And it was a bit fragile, his fix, so I improve it a bit.

And just when I thought we were done for the day, 3 tonne bags of sand turn up. Manage to find space for them. It is astonishing how many tonnes of sand go into a house... I wonder if Bob knows how many in total? I shall ask him.

Later: tidy up a bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home