Monday, February 20, 2006

Day 217. Mostly plastering, some plumbing

Builders noises at 8, which is wrong as its a monday; although they are fairly quiet noises. Hmpf. Mention this to Ian on the way in; he promises to phone Bob. And *I* phone Bob.

The builders are mostly plasterers, it seems, Laker and Nunn again, with a number of youngish assistants. For some reason we don't do them any tea...

Its a monday so I'm back late. The front garden seems as crowded, though the new water pipe has been connected; the pile of earth doesn't want to go back into its hole. We have a new skip, though I think that was there on friday. Must throw my old bike into it.

The plasterers have fine-coated the kitchen; and also done the garden-side ceiling in the new room. How they get it to stick on upside down I don't know; let alone keep it smooth. Pete tPP has done something with pipe to route our bathroom sink/bath down sideways, which means (I think) that he will be able to set to on the floor (tomorrow?). Unfortunately whatever he has done has left a small crack so we have a mini-fountain; I patch this with sticking-plaster.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home