Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Day 194. Tiles


No-one around when I left at 11 (other than Ian with a certificate-of-work, which means that Bob is going to put another bill in!). I was expecting Pete the Portly Plumber, and perhaps the carpenters but no. However, when I get back just before 4 the roofers are still here, finishing their tea (when I think about it, perhaps working underneath roofers is considered a Bad Idea). And asking for a bucket of water to refill the van. Roofers seem to be a rougher wilder lot, though still nice folk. Just a bit further out on the edge, so to speak. They have got most of the first (street) sied done. They complain a bit about having to to-and-fro (battening and felting before cmas; tiling some, back tomorrow, etc) but thats between Bob and them. We just make the tea and pay the bills.

Photos. I haven't been very good about uploading those recently, its a bit of a faff. What I shall do is upload them to flickr. So the January 2006 and December 2005 sets are available. This pic shows E in the new kitchen, with the hole that Pete was patiently knocking out yesterday behind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home